This chicken is so good it’s as if Jesus cried tears of joy and all the love in the world, mixed the tears in with the rub and served it to you on a platter of gold touched by King Midas himself. You’re welcome.
As a follow up to my post on Tailgating Nutrition I wanted to send you a Pearl and Sassy approved chili recipe!
There are entire festivals devoted to the wonderful food that is chili. There are about a bajillion different ingredients you can add to it. This is my most recent twist on a traditional chili but I will soon be coming out with a white chicken chili to fill your belly through the cold winter months! Anytime you make a recipe found here or on our Harvest ebook please take a picture and tag us in it on social media! Don’t forget to use the hashtags #adventuresofsassyandpearl and #teamnutritiongenius
- 1 cup dry kidney beans
- 1/2 lb pasture raised bacon
- 1/2 cup bone stock
- 5 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 1 small jalepeno, minced
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 large white onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 stalks chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded raw cheddar cheese
- Cook kidney beans according to package instructions, drain and rinse, set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, set aside and reserve bacon grease.
- Add bone stock, tomatoes, zucchini, green pepper, tomato paste, and jalepeno to a large stock pot. Cook over low heat until vegetables are soft and tomatoes start to break down.
- While vegetables are cooking, add ground beef, onions, and garlic to a large skillet with reserved bacon grease over medium heat until beef is browned and cooked to a temperature of 165°F.
- Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper to beef for the final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Add kidney beans and beef mixture to stock pot and simmer over low heat for ~15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Top with crumbled bacon, chives, and cheddar cheese.