I am always preaching to people to not go grocery shopping when they are hungry or in a hurry and yesterday I failed to take my own advice. I was in a super hurry and instead of getting white potatoes I grabbed Jersey white sweet potatoes. I didn’t even notice it until I got home and saw the receipt that said “potato sweet white.” Uh, what? I had to Google what it is. For a full guide to the difference between sweet potatoes, yams, and the varieties of each check out this article from Marks Daily Apple.
Since I was making Jesus’ Tears Curried Chicken I wanted the potatoes to pair well. I decided to keep it simple and do a simple mashed potato with some spices plus another side of broccoli. It was delish and a meal I will definitely make again. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 large Jersey white sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 T butter
- 2 T coconut milk or bone broth
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes until soft, remove from heat and drain
- Return potatoes to pot, add butter, coconut milk, curry powder, salt, and pepper
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency (I like mine a little chunky!)
- Serve warm
What is your favorite kind of potato?
How do you cook them?
Let me know in the comments!