Crossfit and Other High Intensity Workouts
Have you caught the Crossfit bug? Are you sick of watching fit people pick things up and put them down? Sassy and Pearl are back today to discuss what Crossfit is, why high intensity workouts may be right for you and how to determine what you should be doing for your fitness because after all healthy includes being active as well! Join us for a workout, errh we mean podcast this week!
Or, if you just want to say hello you can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.orgOR write a testimonial
Don’t forget to hashtag #AdventuresofSassyandPearl and #NutritionGeniusRadio while you are listening!
5 Star Review: Thanks goes out to Kar luvs diner dash for this week’s review!
Word o’ the day: Octothorpe (noun): the symbol #
Connect with us:
- Shout us out at octothorpeteamnutritiongenius
- Man Buns replaced by cinnamon buns! Cinnaman buns…?
- Get Down to Business Timestamp 13:45
- CrossFit is constantly varied functional fitness performed at high intensity
- High intensity = Average Power = force x distance/time
- Squatty Potty
- FitnessBlender on YouTube for home workouts
- Episode #15 Sports Nutrition Troubleshooting
- Yoga by Candace
- Couch to 5k– there’s other programs and apps as well
- Take advantage of free-trials or Groupon deals
- Episode #11 Sports Nutrition Pre-Workout
- Episode #12 Sports Nutrition Post-Workout
- What Sassy was trying to describe: Parachute
- The Crossfit Hunger Games Article about Crossfit Games
- Start with where you are with what you have! You don’t need a brand name to be fit but you do need to start to get somewhere
- Just try doing something new!
- Start with one day, not all out all at once
- Journal of Obesity: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jobe/2012/480467/
- ACSM: https://www.acsm.org/docs/brochures/high-intensity-interval-training.pdf