Last week I was strolling down a street in Albany with some friends to a Roller Derby event (because why not!) when my friend and I found a really neat restaurant that caught our attention. Our men strolled ahead while we peaked in the door because food is our thing. We quickly caught up to them but wanted to know more. I gave it a Yelp (one of my favorite restaurant apps) and sure enough this restaurant had 4.5 stars which on Yelp is a pretty AWESOME review! What is this restaurant you ask? Umana Restaurant & Wine Bar in downtown Albany, New York. When we left the Derby (and after Albany had a WIN!) we couldn’t help but stop in and see what was on the menu, SOLD!
We all were drooling over the menu and wanted to order ALL the things. We chatted up the waiter and he explained the concept of the restaurant, it’s a mix of street food from all over the world, meant to connect us all and the restaurant is a gathering place. They are known for their brunch so we will have to go back but dinner was AMAZING. Then menu signifies what is gluten-free which is very helpful and they are very accommodating to your needs. I ended up splitting the fish tacos and the lamb burger with my friend and they were both delish! Ever since that lamb burger I wanted to eat it again, so a #sassyapproved Lamb Burger was born. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground lamb (free-range)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Toppings of choice: sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, tomatoes, lettuce, raw milk cheese, etc.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until combined
- Form meat into 4 equal round patties, press down middle of each burger
- Grill on medium heat for 4-6 minutes per side, depending on how you prefer it cooked
- Place burger on top of a bed of lettuce and top with desired toppings
I want to hear from you!
Do you have a favorite restaurant you found by chance?! Share below and let me know what food you ordered 🙂