Did you know we LOVE you!!! That’s right, we LOVE YOU our family, friends and followers so this one is for you <3
Alright so a Hallmark holiday is fast approaching and over here at Team Nutrition Genius we wanted to give you something sweet (but not too sweet) to give to your sweetheart (or just make for yourself…we won’t judge!) We love chocolate and chocolatey goodness but we are not fans of BOXED mixes, EW! so here is a simple recipe of minty brownies that we hope you enjoy!
Let us know how they turn out in the comments or on social media #ILOVETeamNutritionGenius
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 carob or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup grade B maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8"x8" baking dish with coconut oil (or butter)
- In a medium bowl sift coconut flour, carob (or cocoa) powder and salt
- In a large bowl beat eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and peppermint until slightly frothy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until no clumps are seen. Allow to sit for ~3 minutes for coconut flour to soak up wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into greased baking dish and place in oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Happy Valentine’s Day!