Any football fans out there?! What about Superbowl commercial fans ?! Well for those of you who are paying even the slightest bit of attention to the sports world you know that this Sunday happens to be Superbowl Sunday and since we as Americans love ANY excuse to have a party and drink we have made quite the event out of it. Not to mention most of the commercials revolve around food, beer and more food…but not REAL food…where are the vegetable ads?! Is that too much for a dietitian to ask? Probably 🙁
I (Sassy) am not super invested in the Superbowl unless the Philadelphia Eagles happen to make it there (and yes I am aware they have never won a Superbowl…such is life!) and even then I have trouble sitting and watching TV for more than 30 seconds. I prefer to be the one in the kitchen cooking or dare I say not even watching AT ALL?!!? GASP!!
Since many of you will probably attend some Superbowl function now or in the future or maybe even some other event down the road I wanted to provide you with a delicious snack that is nutritious too 😀 Most chips and dips out there are laden with sugar, vegetable oils, and chemicals galore, ew!
The great part about this recipe?! It’s cheap, easy, delicious AND nutritious, BOOM!
1. Make the delicious chips (try not to eat them all at once)
2. Whip up the dip! (Feel free to lick the bowl clean)
3. Voila! Assemble and make it look pretty…and maybe share with your friends 😉
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. ghee, melted
- Salt & ground cinnamon to taste
- Coconut cream from 1-13.5 fl. oz can Full Fat Coconut, refrigerated overnight (reserve liquid for later use)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. grade B maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice sweet potatoes into ~2-4mm thick round slices
- Toss potato slices into ghee, cover evenly
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Place in oven for 20 minutes, flipping once, watching carefully to make sure they don't burn.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool, sprinkle with cinnamon & salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in a stand mixer with whisk attachment and mix on high for 20-30 seconds until whipped.
Make sure to not get liquid into dip mixture from coconut can as this will cause the dip to be liquid-y and not whip appropriately. Feel free to drink the coconut water 🙂
Feel free to dip the chips in the dip…you dip, I dip, we dip 🙂 And wow the socks off of your cooking opponents…I mean football opponents!
And PLEASE remember to share this when you make it! We LOVE to hear from you all, so go ahead and tag us & hashtag:
#AdventuresofSassyandPearl & #TeamNutritionGenius