Hey There!! We are back with another helping of The Daily Dish of a Nutrition Genius! Let us know in the comments what you think and feel free to share with us what you have been eating!
If you listen to our hilarious and educational podcast “Nutrition Genius Radio” then you know Pearl (aka Marie) and I love food that TASTES good and we encourage you to eat when you are hungry (unless you have some chronic illness or hormonal imbalance that might be causing the decreased or excess appetite, in that case check out our services/packages and CONTACT US!)
Today was one of those days where I was busy doing 5-bajillion things and did not feel hungry until about 11am so I did not have a “perfect” dietitian day of eating. Okay, wait let’s be honest when have I EVER been a perfect dietitian…rebel is my middle name, seriously I should call up Rebel Wilson and tell her we are twins, except I like vertical running! (No idea what in the world I am referring to? Check out a clip from the movie “Pitch Perfect” here! )
Alright, so here was my #sassyapproved and #pearlpetuallynourished day of eating, enjoy!
First thing in the morning:
- 16 oz. water with 1 tsp. Natural Calm Magnesium Powder
Brunch O’clock(an ambiguous time…but in this case it was 11:11am)
- 1 cup (8 oz. ) Homemade Bone Broth (sign up HERE for our email list and this is in our FREE ebook)
- 1 cup Mocha Coco-Latte (recipe below, you’re welcome!)
- 2 eggs, scrambled with 1 tsp. coconut milk (thank you Kelsey for this AMAZING tip) with 1 cup frozen broccoli and a pinch of garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1 cup Homemade Garlicky Cauli-Soup w/ 1 oz. goat cheese deliciousness (recipe, coming soon!)
- 3 slices of US Wellness Meat pasture raised bacon (thanks Mom!)
- 4 oz. coffee concentrate + 4 oz. filtered water (or 8 oz. freshly brewed organic coffee)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp. 100% cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- drop of grade B Maple Syrup (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat on medium heat on stovetop.
- Bring to a simmer and whisk well to combine.
- Place ingredients in a blender (I used a magic bullet) and mix on high for 15 seconds to make frothy! (optional)
- Butternut Squash “Lasagna” – recipe coming soon!!
- 1 cup Peppermint Hot Tea
This was also a REST DAY(yes I do take them) so I was not as hungry/hangry as usual!
Remember none of your days ever look the same so why should your plate!?
Eat real food, eat when you are hungry and eat food that TASTES phenomenal! Nourish your body not the food companies wallets, boom!